Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What I Did: Hump Day Hell

After 2 days of fever and chills I finally felt up for a workout...just not this one. It's called Hump Day Hell. Hell is in there for a reason. Oh gosh. So maybe if you're just recovering or not feeling 100% attempt this with extreme caution! It's all about effort.
Warm up: 100 jumping jacks, 10 leg swings each leg, 10 forward and back arm swings each, 25 clap jacks

WORKOUT: Set a timer for 20 minutes. Do the following in order, once you've completed the circuit break for 2 minutes (yes you will need this) and repeat. The idea is to see how many rounds you can get in in 20 minutes (including the 2 min breaks). I managed 2 with room for a 2 min break at the end. Now I'm a sweaty haggard mess.
15 push ups
100 high knees (on spot running)
15 180 squats
20 burpees
15 plank climbs
100 high knees
15 jump lunges (left, right = 1)

Total time: 23(ish) minutes with warm up
HR: 180-190
Sweat'o'Metre: oh yes. "Hell" yes.
Burn'o'Metre: definitely a lung/heart burner aka a cardio kick in the butt!
I took this immediately after so you could see my real
expression as to how I felt. My lucky charms towel is not so
lucky with the amount of sweat pouring off me! Nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment