Friday, May 17, 2013

What I Did: Lovely Start to a Long Weekend

I am starting to realize I have a few "go to" workouts for certain parts of the body.  When my upper body is sore/stiff (like today) I tend to focus on legs and core (cause I never seem to be able to exhaust the core) and for that I have this workout which is tougher on the lower body than the core;
Warm up: I did the crossfit warm up without the chin ups, having some back pain today
3 rounds of
10 squats
10 sec samson stretch
10 hanging sit ups
10 back extensions
10 push ups
7 min

WORKOUT: 2 rounds for time of
35 squats
35 knees to elbows (the plank version)
35 squats
35 sit ups
35 lunges
35 squats
13:25 min

Then for kicks and giggles I did some "burn out" suicides on the field for about 5 minutes and stretches (about 14 min total)
Total Time: 25 min workout/warm up with 9 min stretching
HR: after the workout 180, after the suicides 190-200
Sweat'o'Metre: kinda but not really, no dripping today!
Burn'o'Metre: yep this one burned the legs that's for sure! Especially felt it while trying to "run" the suicides!
so much nicer to workout outside!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment