Friday, May 10, 2013

What I Did: Slow Down with Some Strength Trg

I tend to do higher intensity workouts, plyometrics, explosive jumping around type workouts. But sometimes it's nice to slow down and focus. I'm still sweating so slow doesn't mean easy! Did this video today (rainy days are a valid excuse for videos...though I tend to use them...a lot.)
No warm up included so I did this to warm up
Warm up: 5 min
1 min high knees jog on spot (slow pace)
1 min skaters
1 min jumping jacks
1 min torso rotations with hamstring stretch

WORKOUT:
Total Time: including warm up approx 28 min
HR: 140ish possibly 150 max
Sweat'o'Metre: again, I'm surprised. I don't usually sweat with slow strength training but this one still got a few off the face 
Burn'o'Metre: when the people in the video are taking "shake" breaks and falling on their faces you know it's going to burn :)
One of my fav exercises...the Russion Twist. Must be the
Ruski in me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment