Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What I Did: More Than Meets the Eye

Hm double meaning to this title. I've been thinking lately about stereotypes in regards to personal trainers, body image for women and what we think (as a people and as individuals) and see as beautiful, healthy, fit.  I would say I don't meet the stereotypical "trainer" look even if I have the knowledge and experience. I don't have a six pack, I have some love handle action going on and I don't just eat shakes and broccoli. I like ice cream and chocolate too. HOWEVER I would say I'm strong, I'm healthy and I can do more physically than the average 30 year old female. I don't look it but I've got more than meets the eye..
Kinda like this workout. Looked harmless enough for a low energy day off. I was supposed to do it 3 times but only did it 2ce...I have my reasons that don't need to be published publicly :P
Here it goes
Warm up: 10 chin ups (on goalie posts), 10 crab dips (didn't have a bench or jungle gym), 10 sit ups, 10 super mans, 10 squats and 10 sec Samson stretch each side (approx 3 min+)

WORKOUT: 2 Rounds
50 jumping jacks
20 squats
20 jump squats
20 lunges (each side aka 40 total)
15 burpees
25 push ups
30 seconds of mountain climbers
50 crunches
1 min of plank

6 minutes of stretching and cool down

Total Time: 28:30 (warm up 3 min, workout 19:30 min, stretching 6 min)
HR: 170
Sweat'o'Metre: It was a bit humid but I wasn't pouring, dripping a bit and fogging up my glasses for sure though
Burn'o'Metre: yowch this one is set up to burn you out section by section! I felt it in every section!

No comments:

Post a Comment