Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What I Did: 3 in 1

I know I do a warm up that most normal people consider more of a workout in and of itself. Most days I feel like that as well, let me tell you it burns more calories and does more for your fitness than any arm circles or jogging on the spot will ever do! So I included it in this workout as part of the actual workout;
Warm up: ONE set of the crossfit warm up
1x10 of
chin ups
dips
hanging sit ups
back extensions
squats and
Samson stretch (10 sec each leg)

WORKOUT
1 Tabata set (8x 20sec work 10 sec rest) of sprinting field lengths
Tuesdays circuit from my pinterest board also found here (though I did modify it a bit):
80 jumping jacks
50 vertical leg crunches
30 second climbing plank
20 tricep dips
25 squats
20 jumping lunges (total)
20 sumo squat leg lifts
50 bicycle crunches
40 Russian twists
To end with 2 sets of the crossfit "warm up"
2x10 of
chin ups
dips
hanging sit ups
back extensions
squats
Samson stretch (10 sec each leg)

It looks like a lot but it didn't take very long here's the break down:
Total Time: 3 min warm up + 4 min Tabata set + 6min 40 sec circuit + 6 min crossfit ending sets + 5 min stretching cool down = 24 min!!!
HR: 180 (taken after workout as seen below)
Sweat'o'Metre: I took a 2nd photo to show a better shot of the drippage. hehe
Burn'o'Metre: the sprints were killer and there was a lot more core in the circuit than I'm used to but it was more sweaty than burny ;)
a true "post workout" photo. So attractive.













well you can't really see the sweat in this one but it is closer, and I look a
little more human, this is after the walk home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment