Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What I Did: The Run Squat

Sounds funny, a run squat. Totally not what I did. I met up with some friends and did this little workout :)

Warm up: 3 x 10
Cable row (with bands)
Bench dips
Sit ups
Back Extensions
Squats
Samson Stretch (10 sec each leg)

WORKOUT: 3 Rounds of the following
Run 1/2 mile (approx 800m)
50 squats
(see what I mean by a run squat?)
That's it!
Well some of us did 1 or 2 rounds of max push ups in 1 min, max sit ups in 1 min, max squat jumps in 1 min

Total Time: All our times were different but mine was 15:10 for the run/squat
HR: Around 180, though I took it after the max 1 min circuit and it was closer to 170
Sweat'o'Metre: Outside even at 8pm in the shade we were all drenched!
Burn'o'Metre: It was the running (we were on grass) that was more of a burn, felt it in the squats too near the end.

I wanted a group pic, but most sweaty
people don't like getting their picture
taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment