Friday, September 27, 2013

What I Did: Weights Day - Shoulder Burn

Today was weights. I look forward to Fridays, (yes I only do/use weights once a week...I figure body weight counts the rest of the time) it's a nice change of pace and use of my muscles. Even though I push it's not as hard as it is to move your entire body. Anyhow I do the typical total gym workout that comes in the package but I use the rest breaks to do either cardio or core. Today was core.

Warm up:Twice through my favorite "dance" video Mandisa's Good Morning. I have to admit though it's fun to do I don't dare do it with my husband around...it would be a mock session like no other haha!

Workout: 2-3 sets of 10-15 depending on the exercise
Shoulder Press & Chest Flyes with 30 seconds of straight leg toe touches (crunches with feet in the air)
Chest Press & Front Deltoid Raise with 30 seconds of leg raises
Lateral Flyes & Rear Deltoid flyes with 30 seconds of plank slaps (KILLER on the shoulders)
Double bicep curls (as in two different bicep exercises...don't know why they have it like that) and 30 seconds of bicycles

Total Time: Approx 20 min workout with 7 min warm up aka 27 min
HR: mostly 140-150 nothing too intense today
Sweat'o'Metre: had a fan blowing on me, didn't sweat much at all except near the end
Burn'o'Metre: shoulder buuuurrrrrrrnnnnn especially with those flyes and plank slaps put together













PS: BOOTCAMP II TOMORROW! WOOT WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment