Thursday, June 13, 2013

What I Did: Recovery Weights

Still pretty sore and stiff from my Tabata workout so I thought I'd use the total gym in my living room and add a little cardio punch to it. Here's what I did;

Warm up:  Found another morning stretch routine about 5 min long here. Normally I don't do stretches before hand unless it's dynamic but I was in need of this

WORKOUT: All exercises on the total gym (other than cardio and core) Jumpin jacks for 30 seconds between each exercise. Sometimes I did squat jacks to heat it up, one round of star jacks...then I got lazy and went back to jumping jacks
Pull up
Seated row
Chest press
Shoulder press
Rear dealt fly
Anterior shoulder raise
Biceps seated
Biceps lying down
Core:
Overhead roll ups (with 10lb wt) x 20
Pilates leg hugs with 20 leg raises
Mountain climbers 30 sec
Plank 30 sec

Total Time:30 min (oh 35 including warm up video)
HR: around 150-160 at the end
Sweat'o'Metre: Surprising, I actually got more than damp, got some face trickles going on
Burn'o'Metre: meh, the biceps burned the most cause I did them back to back and my biceps are weak...not a super burn but a good workout for an off day/recovery day
It looks like I'm posing but I'm trying to show the drop of
sweat on my temple haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment