Friday, March 15, 2013

What I Did Yesterday

Okay since I just started this blog today and haven't worked out yet (which I'll post later) I'll post today what I did yesterday. Also since I love photography and need to stop being so vain, I'm going to add a photo of what I looked like after the workout. *shudder* this will be the only post without one.
Ready?
It's a good one. I'm hurting. But the good kind. Prepare for a butt kicking, literally. This one is for the lower body!
Warm up (this will most likely ALWAYS be my warm up so I'm not going to post it all the time) If it's too cold I do my indoor version of a Crossfit warm up (indoor because I workout at a park most days)
3 sets of 10 for each:
Samson Stretch
Sit ups (hanging or with a weight)
Back extensions
Chin ups (or pull ups on my total gym inside)
Dips (couch or bench)
Squats with hands overhead (like in the video on the link above either holding the ends of my towel or a broomstick)

WORKOUT: Lower Body Tabata (20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest for 4 minutes aka 8 rounds)
Alternating lunges
Sumo Squat jumps
High Knees
Kettle bell swings
Then 1 minute of mountain climbers

Cool down: Stretch lower body muscle groups.

Total time: 36 min
HR: 175 bpm
Sweat'O'Metre: Drrrrripping!
Burn'O'Metre: My butt is still feeling it today.

FYI "Bean" is my nick name.

No comments:

Post a Comment