Friday, October 18, 2013

What I Did: Sunset Workout

You know those days when you really really don't want to work out cause you feel like crap? I'm telling you those are the days when your crap really really needs you to work out! Every time I have either been tired, groggy (aka lazy), headache-y or crappy in some other shape or form and have had the "forced workout" I feel 110% better ever. single. time. No fail. That was me today. I'm so glad I took it outside because it was a beautiful sunset, cool weather (but not cold and that's at 6pm in October!) and just some great fresh air. Here's what I did;

Warm up: 2x through of 
10 chin ups (ok I only did 10 jumping up the first round and did the 2nd round hanging rows)
10 squats
10 hanging sit ups
10 bench dips
10 reverse leg raises (aka back extensions but using leg weight instead of upper body)
10 sec each leg Samson stretch

Workout: 5 rounds of
10 bench jumps
10 push ups
10 squats
10 sit ups
10 burpees

Total Time: 23:07 (about 5 of that being the warm up)
HR: end time 170-180
Sweat'o'Metre: feeling moist, kept my zip up on but it did get pretty warm!
Burn'o'Metre: push ups near the last 2 rounds and burpees, well no burn but definitely had to push myself to keep up the pace
This little friend joined me again today

No comments:

Post a Comment