Saturday, October 19, 2013

What I Did: Death by Dice

Looking for a fun way to kick your own butt? I did this one with my bootcamp today;
Warm up:
2x up and down the big hill (about 4 min of jogging), 2x of 10 squats and 25 jumping jacks

Workout: You will need 2 dice and a stop watch
I had numbers 1-12 with a different exercise for each number, then I rolled the dice and we did whatever exercise that was and rolled again and did that number for either reps or seconds (usually x10 for seconds, or 5 if it was too long) Here are some examples
1. Burpees (you would have to roll just one dice for this one)
2. Jump Squats
3. Push ups
4. Climbing plank
5. Jumping jacks
6. Quick feet
7. Dips
8. Lunges
9. Assissted knee tucks (like a sit up but you're feet don't touch the ground and you bring your knees to your chest)
10. Long Jumps
11. Sea Turtles (back extension/super man type thing)
12. Hill Sprint

I can't tell you exactly what the dice rolled us but it was a good one! After the last dice roll I made them do a hill sprint as fast as they could. Of course they loved me for it.
We did the workout for about 40 min, warm up 10min, stretching and cool down 10min
Total Time: 1hour 
HR: didn't check but I think it was probably 160's
Sweat'o'Metre: though it was cold we got a good sweat going
Burn'o'Metre: especially when we had the same exercise in a row!
No photo :( Don't normally bring my camera to bootcamp, but I'll have to get permission and do a group shot some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment